Saturday, August 26, 2006

10 things I miss most about San Francisco

1. The weather. I cannot stand this humid heat. A two minute walk to school is way too long in the scorching sun. Sweat beads start forming as soon as I a step outside my front door. Yes, I can do without this heat. And I'm sure I'll miss San Francisco weather even more when the snow starts falling down.

2. Being able to be within walking distance of a Walgreens (or equivalent), a bank and a grocery store. It sucks to have to depend on someone else to take you grocery shopping (Roomie, do you need to go to the grocery store? I need some more milk....).

3. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the MUNI. Everyone here owns a car to drive everywhere they need to go, and little Miss Q-pig here decided that walking is good enough for her. There is a bus system here, called "The Metro" but I've been here for three weeks now and I haven't seen an actual bus around here, so I don't know how reliable their public transport system is.

4. Asian people. I don't like being stared at because: a) they've never seen an Asian before; b) they've never seen an English speaking Asian; c) they can't figure out if I am Asian ("Are you Spanish?"); d) I'm not white.

5. Intelligent people. Okay, wait, I really mean people with common sense. My patience is wearing thin and I just realized that I can't stand stupid people anymore. I just can't keep talking to everyone like he or she is a two year old child. I just can't. Thank goodness my law school classmates are not stupid and all are somewhat intelligent. Well, for now anyway.

6. Dim sum. Lots and lots of dim sum.

7. Nail salons on every block, and $20 for a good spa pedicure ($25 if you really want to splurge).

8. My old junk of a car. See #3 above.

9. Jelly Belly. I miss her A LOT.

10. Having a steady paycheck. Enough said.

And I miss The Boy. He's out partying like a rock star while I'm slaving away in this humid heat, studying hard so that I can successfully graduate from law school. But that's okay. He drinks because he misses me. Or at least that's what he keeps telling me.

1 comment:

Q said...

Awww! You miss everything but me!!!