Wednesday, November 29, 2006

ice ice baby

It went from being really really warm yesterday to really really cold, wet and icy today. No snow yet, but lots and lots of ice.

The view from my balcony. That's ice on to of the cover of the swimming pool.

Cars belonging to people who are smart enough to stay inside and not go anywhere.

Classes after 4pm were cancelled today. Too bad I was already sitting in class when I got that email. And the law school may cancel class tomorrow, which won't make a difference to me because I just finished my last class today.

If this was Wellesley, they'd never cancel classes just because of a little ice. I remember when I had to trek through three feet of snow from one end of the campus to the other, carefully scale icy stairs and climb uphill against the freezing wind to get to my classes.

Midwestern wimps! (Please don't shoot me!)

=)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know! now i'm embarrassed to say i lived in upstate new york for four years...because i was all freaking out today about the cold weather and ice hehe