Monday, November 13, 2006

motivational speaker

*ring ring*

BF: Hello?

Me: Hi honey.

BF: What's going on?

Me: I have no motivation right now.

BF: Go to the gym.

Me: How'd you know I was talking about the gym?

BF: Because I know you. Go to the gym.

Me: But I don't want to. It's cold outside...

BF: Go.

Me: ...and I'm gaining momentum on my memo...

BF: Moo.

Me: ...and I just want to crawl under the blankets...

BF: Moo.

Me: Moo? I am not a cow!!

BF: I didn't say you were a cow. I just mooed. That should be your motivation.

Me: I'm not a cow!
BF: You're not a cow!

Me: But I should go to the gym, especially since I will not be doing any form of exercise whatsoever when I'm in Boston next week.

BF: Tough it out and go to the gym every day this week, then you can award yourself by eating to your heart's content next week.

Me: Oh yeah, I'll be eating lots in Boston. I've already got a menu for my mom to follow.

BF: Oh gosh, you're going to end up with an 8-month pregnant belly after all that eating.

Me: Hey! I may have a little jelly belly but it's not to the point where people think I'm pregnant!!

BF: Go change into your gym clothes because once you have your gym clothes on, you'll have to go to the gym because you've changed for nothing if you don't.

Me: ummm...

BF: And you can do a lazy workout, half hour on the elliptical. Doing a lazy workout is better than nothing at all.

Me: Alright. Fine. I'll go change.

BF: Moo.

Me: I'm going to moo you until the cows come home.

No comments: