Thursday, November 09, 2006

death to the Bluebook

I guess I should start forming a very close relationship with the Bluebook if I ever want to get the grade I would have gotten if not for the stupid citation mistakes. I will probably never make Law Review either, for I am a person who does not care whether the comma is italicized or not.

But really, does correct citation really matter in real life? Is opposing counsel going to tell the Judge that I forgot a period after Id? Is the Judge going to send me to the corner for not having an extra period at the end of a string quote? Is the partner of the firm going to dock my pay if he finds an extra space after the citation? He will?

Alright, if it's that important, I'll go make love to my Bluebook now.

1 comment:

Q said...

Here's a little secret: Judges don't blue book either. Opinions tend to follow the "well it looked right" version of bluebooking.