Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Dinner, the Asian way

Last year, I had my first traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner, courtesy of The Boy's family.

And this year, I had the usual Asian Thanksgiving Dinner -- going out to an Asian restuarant and paying others to cook for you and clean up afterwards. This year, I had two meals on Thanksgiving. The first was brunch with a friend's family at a Japanese hot pot place and it was my first experience at shabu shabu (Japanese hot pot).

Yes, that's right, the food on the plate is raw. For those inexperienced eaters, this is similar to fondue but instead of dipping your food in cheese or chocolate, you're literally cooking your food in the soup. It's really yummy. Trust me. I ate a lot. And I don't eat anything that tastes yucky.

Then, for meal #2, it was the usual "duck and chicken in the window" meal, complete with a birthday cake for mom, because you know, it was her birthday.


No comments: