Friday, December 01, 2006

crisis avoided

I just nearly had a heart attack and seriously thought my life was over.

I was quite productive today. I started the morning with a half hour run on the treadmill, followed by several hours of studying at the library. Then, I dropped off my books and laptop at home, grabbed the yummy food my mommy prepared and froze for me over turkey break and went over to CC's place for dinner and walk around the Plaza.

Dinner was good. Outing at plaza was fun. Then I got home and decided to upload the pictures to my laptop. I took the laptop out of my bag and placed it on my desk. Plugged it in. Hooked up the wireless mouse. Pressed the "ON" button and nothing happened. I thought it was odd, so I pushed the button again. And again. And again. And again. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED.

ohmygod what the hell ohmygod what the hell why isn't this turning on ohmygod my laptop is dead ohmygod all of my notes ohmygod my outlines ohmygod how the hell am i supposed to take my finals? ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod don't panic don't panic maybe the battery is dead and just needs charging ohmygod my notes my outlines ohmygod I have to handwrite my exam? what the hell goodness why me ohmygod laptop, please just turn on for mommy please please please mommy is sorry that she is looking at buying another laptop please just turn on I don't know what I did but I'm sorry if I angered you but pretty please just turn on OH SHIT MY LIFE IS OVER!!!

So after the panic attack and some sense took over, I hoped that the reason my laptop wouldn't turn on was because I drained the battery by leaving the laptop on standby without plugging it in when I dropped it off at home. So I left the laptop plugged into the wall and just let the battery recharge while I watched a couple of hours of TV and prayed really hard that that would be the solution. After what I thought would be enough time for the battery to be charged, I pushed the "ON" button and nothing happened. I pushed it again and again and again, and still nothing happened.

OH
SHIT
LAPTOP
IS
DEAD
AND
I
HAVE
FINAL
EXAMS
IN
TWO
DAYS
WHAT
THE
FUCK

Yes. Panic was so bad I didn't bother censoring any of that. I was almost in tears trying to figure out why the laptop wouldn't turn on. The battery had two hours to charge, so why is it not showing any signs of life? I even noticed that the little green light next to the picture of the battery wasn't even on. As a final effort to resolve this problem without completely losing my mind and calling the Boy to start crying about how my laptop has failed me, I searched for the reset button on my laptop and pushed it about a gazillion times. Then I pushed the "ON" button again and IT FINALLY TURNED ON! OH MY GOD IT WAS THE HAPPIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE!

I opened every program to make sure it still worked. I opened up every document to make sure it was still there. I really did shed tears of happiness to finally have the laptop breathing life again.

Thank goodness my laptop is not dead. I seriously would not have been able to go to sleep tonight if that were the case. My hand is still cramping from the thought that I might have had to hand write all of my final exams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how scary! that's the worst nightmare i'm glad it's working well now you should take good care of your laptop from now on..it's the most important thing we have for our exams!! :)

Q said...

Back up all your notes and everything, right now!! What a horrifying situation! I would have fallen over dead at the first hint of laptop failure. Eek.