Saturday, September 09, 2006

Irish Fest 2006

Over Labor Day weekend, my friend and I went to the Kansas City Irish Fest, where they dyed the fountains green! It was kinda neat to see green water but when you got up close, it was also a bit grotesque...perhaps a darker shade of green would have been better?


It was really, REALLY hot outside, so imagine how happy I was when I saw all the little kiddies running through this interactive fountain. Thankfully, the water wasn't dyed green and I couldn't help but try to cool off by standing as close as possible without getting all wet.

Unfortunately, my flip-flops got a little bit too wet and being the klutz that I am, I naturally slipped on the wet flip-flops and almost had a full bath in the fountains. Luckily, my bottom dried off after walking around for 15 minutes in the scorching sun. Although I did get lots of stares afterwards....

hee hee, some of the wares that were for sale at the Irish Fest.

So this "Yorkie" here is actually a brand of chocolate from Ireland.

The only reason I bought this piece of chocolate was because of this warning:

I just had to find out if eating this chocolate would give me warts or turn me green. Why would a company decide to ban girls from eating chocolate? Perhaps that was the intention all along: warn girls against eating the chocolate, which peeks the girls' curiosities so much that they have to eat it.

And so I ate it. And I didn't get warts or turn green. But I did get a tiny little zit the next day. Damn chocolate!

No comments: