Monday, September 04, 2006

I don't work here

Yesterday, I went with the Roomie to go get some food at the Farmer's Market/City Market in downtown Kansas City. Once we got there, we split up and went about our own separate ways in getting the veggies we each needed for the week. I was looking at some grapes and pondering about whether I should buy it, this family of three were also looking at the same grapes I was looking at.

As I picked up a bunch of grapes and squeezed them to test for firmness, the son (I would guess his age to be 15), looks at me and asks, "Excuse me, do you work here? We want to buy some grapes. Can you get it for us?"

Yes, it was a family of Caucasion and the son spoke with a harsh southern accent, and apparantly the only Asian person standing near the grapes must be the person who's also selling it.

How did I respond? Oh wouldn't you like to know. Let's just say I told him that I wasn't the owner of the booth and that the owner was standing near the bananas.

No comments: