Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Weird Sighting at the Gym

The Boy would consider it a weird sighting that I was able to get up at the crack of dawn and get myself to the 6am spin class this morning. He would have a nice laugh at that. As a matter of fact, I think he's still laughing about it.

Anyway...

While I was spinning away in class this morning, I noticed something pink from the corner of my eye. When I turned my head to figure out what that pink something was, I thought I saw pink curlers in the head of one of my fellow spinning classmates. Yeah, those pink plastic puffy ones they sell at the grocery store for $4.99 per dozen, and she had at least two dozen in her hair. I admit that it could have been my imagination because it was dark in the classroom, and I wasn't yet 100% sure that she did indeed have curlers in her hair, but that sight bothered for me the last half hour of the class.

So as I was huffing and puffing through the Savage Garden soundtrack (instructor's choice), I kept pondering why anyone would wear curlers to the gym. It wasn't logical because the base of your hair would get all wet from the sweat of working out, therefore making the hair less likely to hold a curl. And if the point of wearing curlers was to add curls to her your hair, working out and getting sweaty won't make your hair curl.

And then, she would definitely have to shower after the hour-long spin class (well, I hope she showered afterwards), she would still get some parts of her hair wet, and therefore her hair won't hold the curls. Plus, she must have rolled them curlers in pretty tight or else all the movement from spin class would make the curlers fall out.

But then, even if her pink curlers were still intact in her hair after the class, the shower, the drying off, getting clothes on over the curlers, etc., wouldn't your hair just smell of sweat and ickiness from being rolled up in tight curlers all night long and all through a very hard spinning class?

At that point, class ended and the instructor turned up the lights. And she was indeed wearing pink curlers in her hair. Plus, she had some sort of stocking over her pink-curlers-rolled-up-hair to keep it all intact. That just upped the smelliness factor right there. Eww.

No comments: