Saturday, April 22, 2006

one giant crab

The Boy took me out for my bday dinner last night and I got to eat one giant salty, spicy, crispy crab all by myself! Knowing that it would take at least an hour to finish every last morsel of the delicious crab, I asked the waiter to bring it out first so I can get started while the Boy waits for his food (chicken chow mein and honey walnut prawns, which were yummy too).


This is the crab before I started digging into it. The people at the table next to ours also ordered this dish for their dinner. However, the two of them were no match for me. By the time I finished my plate of crab, they were still working on theirs. And there were two of them! How can you not eat every last piece? Maybe they were on a date.


The Boy taking a sneak picture of me cramming each piece of crab into my mouth. There's his chicken chow mein at the bottom left corner. I guess he had to occupy himself while watching me eat.

The piles of crab shell left behind from my eating frenzy. The waiter had to change my plate three times so the pile didn't go falling over.

One hour and fifteen minutes later, all that's left is two claws and Big Willie's head (I guess "body" is more appropriate). After I finished the claws, we packed up the remaining chicken chow mein and honey walnut prawn (you think the Boy could have finished it all?) and paid the bill.

And then as we were leaving the resturant, we walked past their seafood tanks and spotted this giant Alaskan King Crab, marked for sale at $24 a pound. That thing must weigh at least five pounds. Who wants to eat a $112 crab? I DO! I DO!

Maybe next year...

No comments: