Sunday, April 30, 2006

Weekend Update

King Kong, the Peter Jackson remake, SUCKED big time! Good lord, man, do you know how to make a movie that's less than 3 hours long? For instance, you totally didn't need the first hour of the movie. And to think, I felt guilty for almost movie cheating* when I was in Little Rock. I should do voice-overs on the movie and re-sell it as a comedy.

Ann: Oh Kong, you're my hero.

King Kong: Look woman, I just saved your ass. You owe me. (walks away)

Ann: Don't leave me alone in the jungle, Kong! (runs after Kong)

King Kong: Fine, you can ride on my shoulder. (throws Ann on his shoulder).

back at King Kong's viewing point

Ann: Watch me dance and make a fool out of myself so I can make a giant gorilla smile.

King Kong: You're not funny anymore. I just fought off three T-rexes to save you and you think a dance will make up for it? Women are too much trouble.

Ann: Yes, that's beautiful. It's beautiful.

Even through all this corniness, I cried at the end. Yes, I knew they would eventually kill off King Kong and he has to die at the end, but why did the stupid monkey have to risk his life for a girl????

The Boy fell asleep when Kong showed up in New York


-----------------------

So I threw a mini-belated-birthday-party-get-together on Saturday night and let's just say alcohol and bowling sure makes for a good time.

First, all the girls suck at bowling, including yours truly. I think we were competing to see who the biggest loser was. The one with lowest score wins! Yay! But I still placed second in that competition. Breaking 100 was the goal and I scored 90 on the first game and 75 on the second. Whoo hoo for me!

The boys, on the other hand, were competing to the death. And, they were the drunkest ones there, mostly because they were not driving home afterwards. The Boy was trying to show off his "bowling league" skills and had to up his game when the other guy informed us that he was also in a bowling league when he was younger. But the surprise came from the bowling newbie, who claimed that he has never gone bowling before in his life. We were all doubtful of that claim after his fifth strike in a row. Beginner's luck my ass. His quote of the day: "Yay, I finally went bowling! I can call myself white trash now."


-------------------

How to make your opponent lose concentration during a game of billiards (pool, 8-ball, whatever):

--Squeeze that person's ass if he/she is standing right in front of you when trying to make a shot at the ball.

--Stand at the corner pocket opposite of the person aiming/shooting the ball and make funny faces, especially of ones where you're sticking out your tongue and lapping it like a dog.

--Yell "FORE" right when the person is about to hit the ball.

--Get the person to drink glass after glass of margaritas.

-------------------

It was a rare sunny day in San Francisco yesterday, and so we took advantage of the weather and went shopping in Union Square. After three hours of idly walking around from store to store, I brought four pretty little tops to wear in "summer weather." I then realize that I'll probably never be able to wear these tops because it will never be 90 degrees in San Francisco. Which only means that the Boy needs to take me on weekend trips to sunnier areas: i.e. Sacramento, Vegas, San Diego, LA....

BF Quote of the day: "For every summer shirt you buy, I'll take you Sacramento for the weekend."

Okay, I bought four summer tops, I get four weekends in sunny weather somewhere, even if it's Sacramento.

----------------
We also watched A History of Violence, with Viggo Mortenson (or however you spell his name). Um, not a great movie, but it sucked much less than King Kong. The movie is about a normal guy living in a small town and carries on a normal life. Until one day he skillfully kills a couple of robbers at his diner, which gets his face shown on national television and the Philadelphia mob is now after him because he used to be some sort of famous gang member who killed all the time and took out a mobster's eye with a barbed wire. Yeah, gruesome. And I guess to emphasize this guy's normalcy in small town, USA, they kept showing love scenes between the guy and his wife. Even when the wife is completely irate and betrayed by his lies about his past life as a mobster, they end up doing it on the stairs as she's trying to run away from him and slapping him a couple of times. Yeah, like that's a normal life.
-------------------------

* "movie cheating" is a term the Boy and I refer to when one watches a movie without the presence of the other. So far, each of us have movie cheated on the other three times. I still haven't forgiven him for watching Star Wars III without me though. And he really didn't want to watch Harry Potter IV, so that shouldn't even count.

No comments: