Monday, April 03, 2006

trapped

I was packing for my trip and Jelly Belly was running around the apartment like a crazy cat. I heard her scratching up the litter box, then rolling around the box that has her catnip ball and then at random moments, she'd growl really loud and run from the living room through the hallway to the kitchen and make a loop back to my bedroom. She takes a five minute rest and then do it all over again.

I had been packing for about half an hour when I noticed a different kind of noise. It was Jelly Belly growling, but it wasn't her usual "I'm chasing dust bunnies!" growl. And then there was this weird scratching sound she was making like she was scratching paper and not cardboard. So I went hunting.

First, I was in the living room and didn't see her in there, but she was still meowing/growling and scratching. So I followed the sound to the hallway closet and this was what I found:


Something was moving inside the big white shopping bag.

Guess who got herself into the bag...

...and couldn't jump back out.

I had to let the cat out of the bag (ha ha).

Jelly Belly then figured out that I was going to leave for a long period of time, so she tried to stow away in my luggage. Sorry, Jellies, Mommy can't take you on the plane!

p.s. I finished reading "The Da Vinci Code"!! After racing through it, the ending let me down. =(

No comments: