Thursday, February 16, 2006

Where am I?

I went to move my car this morning because it was street cleaning day. The cold wind hit my face as I walked out the front door, but I didn't realize it was that much colder than any other day. I got into my car, started the engine, looked up and saw that the windows were covered in "condensation" as usual. However, when I turned on the wipers, the "condensation" did not wipe away. I realized there was frost--ICY FROST--on my windows. Frost, the kind that only exists when it's cold enough for snowy weather. ICY FROST IN SAN FRANCISCO??? This is San Francisco, is it not? Where am I?

Okay, this being the first time that I had experienced frost-on-my-car in San Francisco, I ended up using all of the wiper fluid to try to wipe the frost away but didn't. Then I had to sit in the cold car while it heated up enough for me to turn on the heat to defrost the windshield. And since my car is an ancient piece of metal, I had to roll down all side windows in order to see out through the side. All this to move the car two blocks.

Then I hear that it's so cold in the Bay Area that it might snow, SNOW, in the wee hours tonight. Granted that even if it did snow, it probably isn't as bad as this nor'easter, but still. I didn't move 3,000 miles across the country to experience what I supposedly left behind.

I have to go dig out my scarves and gloves that I keep packed away for my Boston visits. I knew I should have moved to LA instead. Brr.

No comments: