Saturday, February 04, 2006

ESPN

Have you ever watched the first episode of "Beauty and the Geek" on the WB? Doesn't matter which season, but they always have one of the "beauties" (who are not really that hot anyway) say something about being able to see the future and referring to that ability as "ESPN." Where do they find these people?

Well, anyway, I have a story about ESP. The Boy and I were having dinner at Chili's tonight and we were waiting about twenty minutes for our food to arrive. I had ordered the baby back ribs and the Boy ordered nachoes.

(Aside: I always order the big dishes and the Boy gets the smaller dishes, but the wait staff always gives him the larger dish and gives me the small dish because they assume girls can't eat a whole rack of ribs. They do not know my eating abilities.)

Well, we were getting cranky and hungry, so after twenty minutes of waiting, we had this conversation:

BF: Where is our food?

Me: I don't know. Doesn't take long to make nachoes.

BF: Nachoes are easy. It must be your ribs.

Me: Well, let's get them to bring out your nachoes first then.

And as soon as those words came out of my mouth, the manager comes out and kneels down at our table:

Manager: I'm sorry guys, we burnt the nachoes so we had to do another batch. Your order will come out very soon.

BF: Wow, we were just talking about that. Thanks for letting us know.

Manager walks away and I commented that it was ironic that it was his nachoes that was holding up our food. After another five minutes of waiting, our food comes out and of course they put the nachoes in front of me and the ribs in front of him (oh, our initial waitress left for the night so we had a new waitress, but still, they should ask who ordered what).

BF: I'm just going to ignore the fact that they forgot my order of guacamole.

Me: Just ask them for it again.

BF: No, I'll live. (starts chomps on nachoes)

Me: (cutting up my ribs) My ribs are kinda dry. Where's the barbeque sauce? Help yourself to some ribs, honey.

BF: Don't eat it yet, I'll ask for some sauce on the side.

And just as those words were coming out of his mouth, the waitress came back with a cup of his guacamole sauce and asked if I needed a side of barbeque sauce. As she walked away to get my barbeque sauce, we were both amazed at the telepathic communications that was going on.

Me: Wow. That was weird.

BF: No kidding.

Me: Either the entire staff has ESP or someone has a microphone rigged to our table.

BF: I need some more coke.

Me: Why don't you use your powers to summon someone to bring a coke?

BF: (puts his fingers to his head and takes the pose of trying to send telepathic messages) I need a refill of Coke. I need a refill of Coke.

Nope, no one brought him a Coke automatically. We had to ask the waitress when she came back with the barbeque sauce.

Ribs were still dry, even with the extra barbeque sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was amazing.