Monday, February 13, 2006

So that's why they were dressed like dogs.













This past Saturday, I was on the MUNI on my way to see this year's Southwest Airlines Chinatown New Year Parade, when I saw from the corner of my eye that there were some ear flaps on a hoodie. Not believing that I just saw dog ears, I did a double take and saw three men dressed in dalmation hoodies, complete with ears and black little noses. I could not figure out, for the life of me, why they were dressed up. It obviously wasn't for Halloween, but do adults still have random costume parties?

Lo and behold, this morning I got my answer. They were dressed up for the Chinatown Treasure Hunt. What people will do for attention...

The parade is scheduled annually and it will go on in rain or shine. Since I've been here in 2002, it has rained every year on the parade. The weather was beauitful for a parade this year, so I decided to venture out and watch the parade in person. BAD IDEA. Not only could I not see anything from standing behind a crowd five people deep, I was pushed from side to side, stepped on, kids blocked my view by sitting on top of mail boxes, and it was getting colder every minute. Advice for next year: watch it on TV--trust me, it's more enjoyable that way.

No comments: