Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tet/Chinese New Year Eve's dinner

It's Tet (Chinese New Year) tomorrow and even though I've been studying for this annoying thing non-stop, I really wanted to go out and have a nice Chinese dinner since I couldn't go home and fill my gut with homemade Vietnamese food. So I invited A out to join me at China Garden and we gorged (okay, mostly just me who did the gorging).

We started out with some cocktails - A had the Tropical Punch adn I had a Cherry Blossom.

Happy Drinks

This is Crispy Chicken Spicy Orange (I might not be right on the exact name because there were a lot words to it).

Crispy Chicken Spicy Orange

This is the House Special Spare Ribs - ohmygosh they were so tasty!

House Special Spare Ribs

House Special Fried Rice, which had shrimp, bbq pork and chicken in it. A really liked the fried rice, even though I had to pick out all the shrimp for her.

mmm mmm good

And I ordered a Lobster Ginger Scallion to eat all by my lonesome (A does not eat seafood).

Lobster Ginger & Scallion

Here's the entire spread:

Lunar New Year's Eve Dinner

Before we ordered, I told A that I was going to eat the entire lobster by myself. I don't think she believed me, but we sat there and I ate the whole lobster like I said I would. She was quite in disbelief. I guess she does not yet realize the love I have for lobster and crab. Below, my plate of lobster carcass:

my plate of lobster carcass

Upon giving us the bill, the restaurant gave us some sweet red bean dessert on the house. It doesn't look too appetizing here in the picture, but it was a nice ending to a very good meal.

Sweet red bean dessert

I am so full now that I can slip into a food coma.

No comments: