Wednesday, February 10, 2010

superbowl eats

L & S hosted Superbowl Sunday this weekend. L made chili for Frito Pie (the only time I eat chili is usually when L makes it, so that the last time I had chili was like four years ago). I don't know the recipe but L makes a really good pot of chili.

Frito Pie requires: chili, of course,

Frito chips (original flavored preferred, but BBQ flavor doesn't destroy the whole combination either),
lots of cheese if you like it,
sour cream,
and jalapenos, optional, of course.


The layering process: Start with some chili, then add layers of the toppings in any way you like.


As you can see, my bowl only consisted of chili, chips and jalapenos because I don't like cheese or sour cream.

I had to trek through ten feet of snow to get to L&S, but it was well worth the trek to have a nice bowl of Frito Pie and watch the Saints beat the Colts.


That's the ten feet of snow I was talking about -- this is the path I usually walk to get to the Metro, and it was blocked by this giant snow pile. The only way through was to climb over the side...

No comments: