Saturday, November 29, 2008

Vietnamese Crepes

For my mother's birthday, and her day off from work, she made Vietnamese Crepes for lunch/dinner (linner!). Um, you're probably asking why my mom is cooking when it's her birthday AND her day off. Well, I was still sleeping when I heard her in the kitchen, and she didn't tell me she wanted to eat Vietnamese crepes. She just came up with the idea when she woke up that morning. Besides, I made it up to her by buying her a wallet she wanted when we later went shopping.

Anyway, I find it funny that Wikipedia has a really good description of what Vietnamese Crepes are. And here's an online recipe I found. As for the pictures below, it's my documentation of what my mom did in the kitchen on her birthday.
First, mix the batter for the crepes.

Next, get the pan nice and hot.
Add a little oil to the pan.
Pour thin layer of crepe batter to the pan.

Cover and let sit.
Then add the shrimp. Cover and let sit again.
Then add the beansprouts. Cover and let sit.
Fold half the crepe over.
Remove from pan and put on plate, with a piece of foil inbetween crepes so each crepe doesn't stick to the other (also makes it easier for serving).
Serve with fresh veggies and dipping sauce (aka nuoc mam).

No comments: