Monday, November 24, 2008

greetings from Boston!

Look at all this leg room I had on the connecting flight from Cleveland to Boston!  The downside was that I had a whole aisle to myself, but because the trays were built into the arm rests, I couldn't lift up the armrests to make use of the two empty seats.  Well, there was plenty of leg room for me to stretch out and take a nap.
So, Boston -- one word: COLD!  Want two words?  FREAKING COLD!!  Want three words?  okay, you get the idea.  It's cold here, especially when the wind blows and freezes my checks and ears.  But, I spent the weekend doing outdoor things anyway, because I was out with T and my little cousin, both of whom I haven't seen in a while.  Shopping in cold weather makes me tired.
So, this is the Old State House.  I took a picture while we were quickly walking towards downtown crossing.
Here is a shot of Newbury Street, the upscale shopping street in Boston.
We started off our Newbury Street shopping with Filene's Basement.  We were there at 10:50, and it didn't open until 11.  So we were jumping around trying to keep warm, and then taking pictures and stuff, and then I saw this sign.  We were loitering and photographing.  All we needed was to solicit something and we would have been three for three on the restrictions.
If law school doesn't work out, I think I could make a pretty good living maintaining a parking lot in Boston.  Only problem would be actually acquiring an empty lot to use as parking space...

No comments: