Wednesday, December 03, 2008

food for thought

I'm taking a study break to update my blog with some final photos of food from my recent trip home to Boston. Yes, I'm also hungry at the moment, that's why food is on my mind.
For dinner one night, I bought one of those rotisserie chickens from Costco. I brought it home, left it on the dining table, and decided to go take a quick nap before the parents got home from work. As I was napping, I heard all sorts of banging and clanging in the kitchen. Wanting to know what was going on, I discovered my uncle was chopping up the rotisserie chicken, adding a special soy sauce concoction, and garnishing it with cucumbers. His fixings made the chicken taste more "Asian"...
On Thanksgiving morning, my brother went out to have breakfast with his GF (who I have yet to meet!), and brought me back some pigs-in-blanket from IHOP. That's right, I didn't realize IHOP was open on Thanksgiving either. Someone (either my brother or the people at IHOP) forgot to include the syrup.
On another day, my dad bought home some Vietnamese sandwiches from a place I think he called "Kinh Do" on Dorchester Ave. To my great dismay, my favorite sandwich shop went out of business. But this place is proving to be a good replacement.

Okay, time to forage for some food and back to studying.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

omg all your pictures look so tasty!