Friday, December 29, 2006

6 mouths and 1 chocolate sundae

For one of my last meals in the Bay Area, the Boy and I had dinner with some of his family at the Elephant Bar (the website is not very informative, I must add).

The Boy had the Chicken Tenders meal. His father and step-mom had the Steak Tips. His sister and nephew shared a chicken dish and I had no idea what kind of meat was on his sister's boyfriend's plate but it looked like beef. I had the ribs, of course, and only half a rack this time. Plus you have to throw in a few drinks in there. The drinks arrived before the food so I immediately got tipsy after drinking half of my Tropitini (the Boy's sister had to finish the rest for me).

Anyhow, dinner was really good, and everyone was too full for dessert. Everyone but the Boy's father. So he ordered a Chocolate Sundae, which kinda looks like the picture below but you have to add a giant brownie slice to get the full effect. And someone at the table told the waitress to bring "lots of spoons" with the dessert order.

The ice-cream came and it's only natural that that a grandfather would share his ice-cream sundae with his grandson. But when the grandson starts going "Oh, yummy, ice-cream sundae, yummy," others at the table would want to make use fo those extra spoons and have a little taste test of the sundae too.

So, there we were, one Chocolate Brownie Ice-Cream Sundae, and six people with spoons scooping ice-cream into his/her mouth. Since no one at the table likes brownies (the horror of that!), I had the pleasure of eating the entire brownie slice, and of course had to wash that down with a few spoons of ice-cream. I tell you, that sundae was gone in about three seconds flat.

The only one who didn't take part in this testing madness was the Boy's sister's boyfriend. I wonder if it's because he doesn't feel like he's that close to "The Family" yet. Or maybe he knew better and that he didn't want to risk catching any disease that either one of the six mouths were carrying.

Well, I'm still alive and kicking over here.

No comments: