Saturday, December 09, 2006

the curse of the hiccups

I just bought a bottle of Mr. Pibb, opened it and took a quick chug when my phone rang and showed that The Boy was calling.

(An aside: I don't know why the vending machines are not stocked with Dr. Pepper, this is the midwest, home of Dr. Pepper is it not?)

Me: **hiccup** Hi Honey.

BF: Hi there....did you just hiccup?

Me: **hiccup** um yeah, **giggling** I just took **hiccup** a swig of **hiccup** Dr. Pepper **giggle, hiccup hiccup** and now I have the **hiccup** hiccups.

BF: Oh gosh, are you drinking already?

Me: Nooo **hiccup hiccup hiccup** I'm **hiccup** studying. **hiccup**

BF: Yeah right. You can't handle the pressure anymore so you're downing vodka. I know. It's okay honey, drink your stress away.

Me: **hiccup hiccup** I'm not drinking! **giggles, hiccup hiccup**

BF: How cute, my drunken little mouse hiccuping her way through law school finals.

Me: **hiccup hiccup hiccup** okay, go away now **hiccup hiccup** can't talk **hiccup hiccup** must stop **hiccup** this **hiccup**



And what do you know? As soon as I hang up with The Boy, the hiccups go away.

No comments: