Wednesday, December 13, 2006

DONE! DONE! DONE!

I AM DONE WITH FIRST SEMESTER! WHOO HOO!

I finished my last final exam exactly 1.6 hours ago. I even finished early, just so I can make it to the airport on time to check in my luggage. But of course, the flight is delayed and so here I sit, blogging about the end of the semester. I should have learned from experience. I have yet to see a Southwest flight depart on time.

So, my year end thoughts about the complete of my first semester of law school:

--Yes, first year of law school is hard, but not hard as in "what the f are they talking about?" but hard as in "I have so many things to do and not enough time to do it." Well, the most "work" I did was for my legal writing class, which involved a lot of research, writing and re-writing towards the middle of the semester. I guess I put a lot of work into my outlines for my finals too, but most of that started after Thanksgiving, which really counts towards studying for finals and not really work throughout the semester.

--Now that I'm done with finals, there's nothing else to worry about for the rest of the year. Well, nothing to worry about but how I did on the exams. I still can't come to grasp the concept that my entire semester grade comes down to the moment of how the professor is feeling while he/she is grading my final exam. I say this because I seriously think my Contracts grade will depend on whether my professor is in a good mood because no one has any idea how he came up with the points he gave us on our "practice" midterm (where if you did well, it will count towards your final grade, but if you bombed the practice midterm, then it won't hurt your final grade). Yes, it's just an odd feeling to have to sit around and just wait and see if my destiny will definitely be in the legal profession (because for all I know, I could have flunked all my exams and they'll kick me out of law school next semester and that's that).

--I have to go through five more semesters of this???

--I think the majority of my classmates are out drinking right now, as I sit here in the airport waiting for a plane to arrive and take me away. I kinda want to join my classmates in celebratory drinks, but I have eager to get on that plane and finally see The Boy. I thought maybe the icky feeling in my stomach was due to being nervous about the Contracts final, but now I think I'm actually nervous about seeing my boyfriend again. I mean, it's been FOUR months since I last kissed him goodbye. Would it be weird if I gave him a running hug as soon as I see him at the airport, while at the same time knocking him to the ground that might cause him to suffer a concussion and then not realize who the hell I was??? Okay, imagination gone wild there. The Boy is having the onset of a cold, therefore I will refrain myself from causing any injuries due to my happiness of seeing him.

Okay, I think I'm blabbing and there is no point to this blog. I am done. End of story. And plus, the battery on my laptop is dying so I must turn it off in order to avoid this disaster again (but I have a brand new slimmer laptop waiting for me in SF, so go ahead and die, you old heavy piece of metal/plastic/whatever the heck you're made of!).

2 comments:

Q said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

We missed you at the celebration, but have a great time in SF!! Merry Christmas! I'll see you next year!