Sunday, December 04, 2005

Tiffany's

The Boy and I went to Valley Fair Mall today to do some holiday shopping. As we're walking around, we just happen to stop in front of Tiffany's jewelery store. I was trying to figure out what shop to go to next, but the Boy kept nudging me towards the front door of Tiffany's.

Me: I don't want to go in there.

BF: Come on, let's just go take a look around.

Me: Why? You'll never get me a ring from there. Ha ha. You'll never get me a ring period.

BF: Well, we know that, but let's just take a look anyways.

Me: We're dressed in jeans, we can't walk into Tiffany's like this.

BF: Come on. We're not the only one dressed in jeans. Let's go take a look. You've never been in here before.

Me: Fine.

So we walk into Tiffany's and everything I saw was so sparkly and shiny. There were diamonds everywhere. Big ones, little ones, necklaces, tennis bracelets, and oh the diamond rings. The solitaire, the three diamond anniversary ring, princess cut, emerald cut, F grade, G grade, sparkly, sparkly shiny shiny diamonds everywhere.

Me: Oh, they're so shiny!

BF: Of course, it's Tiffany's diamonds. These are the best.

Me: Oh, this is so mean of you to tease me like this.

BF: That's right. You can look but don't get attached. Like I told you before...

Me: If I want a diamond ring, get a new boyfriend. yeah yeah, I know. But these are so shiny...

So of course I had to share this experience with the Boy's father. I called him up a few days later and told him what his son did.

Me: Hi!

BF's dad: Qui Qui? How are you doing?

Me: I'm well. But you won't believe what you're son did this weekend.

BF's dad: What did he do?

Me: He took me into Tiffany's!

BF's dad: He did?! Ohh. Did you buy anything?

Me: Well, that was just it. He just let me take a look around. We didn't buy anything.

BF's dad: Wait, did you want to go into Tiffany's?

Me: Oh no, he was the one nudging me in there. I said I didn't want to go, but he kept pushing me in.

BF's dad: Oh, well that's new. This is a big step for him then.

Me: Oh please. We both know he's just toying around with me. You know what he said once we were inside?

BF's dad: What?

Me: "You can look but don't get attached because if you want a diamond ring, you're not getting it from me."

BF's dad is laughing: Qui Qui, he's probably trying to surprise you. You two belong together forever.

Me: Ha Ha, [BF], you're dad says we belong together forever! I think we're a long way from forever, sir.

BF's dad: He told me that he wants to get you a 3.5 carat diamond.

Me: You know why he wants to get me a 3.5 carat diamond? So he can legally have it back if our engagement breaks up.

BF's dad is laughing harder: He did say that!

Me: Oh you know he would and he did.

BF's dad: Oh, he doesn't mean it when he says he won't buy you a diamond ring. Just you wait, he'll get around to it. You two will be together for always.

Me: Okay, here's [BF]. He wants me to get off the phone with you now.

As soon as I hand the phone over to the Boy, he tells his father: "Father, don't you go feeding stories to her. You know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Oh, I still can't get over the sparkly diamonds. It reminds me of the engagement scene from the movie "Sweet Home Alabama." If only I had a romantic boyfriend to propose to me inside Tiffany's and let me choose the ring. A girl can dream. *sigh*

No comments: