Thursday, December 01, 2005

GF / BF

Me: Did you get the pumpkin bread I sent you?

BF: Yes, I did. It's delicious. I had to share because I opened it in the war room, so the attorneys liked it too. They thought you were very sweet and was teasing me for the note you wrote on it.

Me: My "honeybuns, hope you like the bread" note? ha ha. With a note like that, I guess you can't say that your "good friend" sent you the bread.

BF: Oh no, she's going on about the "good friend" thing again.

Me: Well, that's how you introduced me at Thanksgiving..."Who's that? Oh, she's my 'good friend.'" and you used the finger quotes and the eye wink with that.

BF: What's wrong with "good friend"? Isn't that what "GF" stands for? Good friend?

Me: No, GF stands for girlfriend, and BF stands for boyfriend. What would BF stand for if we were going by your "good friend" translation?

BF: Better Friend!

Me: Oh gosh. "Hi, I'm his 'good friend' and he's my 'better friend'." This is how I'm going to introduce you now? With finger quotes and all?

BF: Yep, isn't it cute?

Me w/ voice of sarcasm: Adorable!

No comments: