Saturday, October 01, 2005

Gotta love the boy

This is a conversation between me, my bf and a bank teller:

BF: “I need two cashier’s checks please.”

Bank Teller: “Absolutely, sir. That won’t be a problem. I just need to know who the checks should be made out to.”

BF: “Certainly. The checks need to go to [John Smith] Homes.” And as an aside to me: “them crooked bastards! Taking all my money!”

Bank Teller: “Oh, I see.” Then she looks at me and asks with a nice wide smile: “Are you two buying a home together?”

I look at my BF with a great big smile on my own face and he replies for the both of us: “I’m buying a house.” As he’s pointing to himself to make it clear. “Not we, just me.”

Bank Teller, who is now a bit confused but continues to smile as she looks at me and asks, “Well, I assume you are going to live with him?”

At this point, my BF is looking at me to see what I would tell this young lady about our living arrangement (which is none). I smile my sweetest smile as I tell her: “live together? Ha! He’s already banned me from his new house. As a matter of fact, I’m not even welcomed there!”

BF is laughing his head off, but then ends the conversation with: “Quinny! Would I ever say something like that?”

Me: “Of course you would. That’s one of your lines.”

BF: “I think I’m rubbing off on you.”

The Bank Teller gives us the weirdest looks as she hands us my BF his checks for his home.

No comments: