Tuesday, January 19, 2010

snowy day

There's a heat wave in DC today! And it's only in the 50s! I swear I was walking around in a sweater and had to hold my jacket because it was so hot. I hope the worst of the coldness is over and it only gets warmer from here on out.

So, hopefully these pictures of snow from two Fridays ago don't jinx my heat wave weather...

This building shown above is the GWU Law School - aka the place where I spend my waking hours at least five days a week.

Below is one of the undergraduate buildings in the same quad (at least I think it's an undergraduate building).


Mr. George Washington with a light layer of snow on him.
I just thought this would be a cool picture. Now, it's not that cool.
The picture above is the outside of my apartment. The picture below is of the path that I walk from my apartment to the metro station.


And to tie it all in with food -- on that snowy Friday, A and I made a trip to Target, and we had a lunch break at Five Guys. I forgot to order the "mini-burger" and instead ordered the regular burger, which was really a double patty with all the toppings I ordered. This burger was HUGE. Just look at this thing:
I really didn't know how I would be able to bite into this monstrosity...
...so here I pose attempting to eat the giant burger. After the photo op, though, I took out the extra patty and started dissecting the burger. There is no way I am eating two pieces of hamburger patties in one sitting.

No comments: