Thursday, January 21, 2010

big branch fall down

It is that time again for a series of posts of images taken from my camera phone (which I don't upload often because it's a pain in the butt to get the tiny sd chip out of my current phone).

In this post, I remember taking a picture of this giant, broken branch in front of my apartment sometime last semester. I believe it was the morning after a particularly stormy night. I was on my way to Safeway, and was completely surprised to see this destruction by nature in front of my apartment.
See, that's a giant tree, and that is a giant branch that cracked, detached and fell from that giant tree.
Fortunately, there were no cars parked underneath the tree and even more fortunate that no one was walking by at the moment the branch decided to make its separation from the mother tree.
Can you imagine how much that would have hurt if that branch had fallen on top of you? Lawsuit!!

I have noticed, to this day, that there are some trees along the path I walk every day that are in major need of trimming because there are lots of branches that are clearly cracked and almost detaching from the tree. I think I will just take a cab the next time there is a major storm or windy day, just to save myself from being an unfortunate soul getting hit by a fallen tree branch.

No comments: