Friday, August 14, 2009

taco salad

The Boy's mother decided to make taco salad for dinner last night. It was a very simple recipe that hit the spot. A light meal and yet fills the tummy without giving you that food coma aftereffect.
First, she browned some hamburger meat, drained it and then added regular taco seasoning from the packet. Then she added the taco meat to the salad. The salad part consisted of romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, corn and some jalapenos just for me. She also added shredded cheese to her salad, which I omitted from mine. Last to add is the corn chips (or tortilla chips, whichever you prefer).

She also had these breadsticks you can order from The Olive Garden and bake in your very own oven. The breadsticks were so delicious! It would go especially well with spaghetti. I'll have to see if there's an Olive Garden in SF so I can make some spaghetti and breadsticks for The Boy before I leave for DC.

No comments: