Thursday, August 06, 2009

mini-donuts

The SF Giants held a mini-carnival of sorts during the weekends in July. We decided to take a study/work break (The Boy was working overtime and I tagged along to use his conference room to study) and stopped by the carnival for a little bit. It was located at the AT&T parking lot behind the Giants' stadium so it didn't take us very long to make two rounds. The admission fee was $5 per person, and we stayed for half an hour, max.

There was this one donut stand that tooted Donut Sundaes. I wanted to see what it was, and a donut sundae consists of a dozen mini donuts covered in chocolate sauce, sprinkles, whip cream, etc. I dubbed it a sugar high in a cone. Unfortunately, I didn't buy a donut sundae because I knew I'd get a sugar high and then crash immediately thereafter, and I had to study after this...so no donut sundae for me.
We need see the making of a mini-donut in action. I want one of these contraptions now. Wouldn't it be cool if I could make mini-donuts for anyone who came over to visit?

The Boy also played the Ring-a-Bottle game and won me a stuffed animal -- Marvin the Manatee. Isn't it cute?
Here's Marvin, coming along with us for a ride on MUNI so that we could get to work/study.

No comments: