Friday, August 14, 2009

outrageous brownies

For my birthday way back when (in April), L gave me this cool brownie pan that gives an edge to every slice of brownie.
It is a really nice quality pan, and it comes with a serving utensil!
Included with my gift of the brownie pan was also this box of Barefoot Contessa's Outrageous Brownie Mix. So guess what? I used the brownie mix to make brownies in my new brownie pan!
In addition to the brownie mix, I needed two eggs and a stick of butter (1/4 lb). The directions are on the box, but you can have pictorial instructions here:

First, preheat oven to 350 degrees, butter and flour the brownie pan. Next, melt chocolate chunks and butter over a pot of boiling water...
...until it's smooth like this picture below.
Next, you mix the melted butter/chocolate into the package of brownie mix. Add the eggs and beat on low. (Optional - fold in walnuts.)
Then, put the mix into the brownie pan. This was a bit difficult because the mix fell out into a pile in the middle of the pan. I had to use a spatula to spread the mix around the edges and then try to gauge if it was evenly distributed.
Put the pan in the oven for EXACTLY 35 minutes. Do not leave in any longer than that! This is per Barefoot Contessa's instructions.
Take the pan out of the oven and let cool.
Cut up the pieces and serve. I was able to cut out 20 squares from this baker's edge pan.

Get a glass of milk and enjoy! These really were OUTRAGEOUS; so rich and delicious! YUM!

No comments: