Thursday, May 22, 2008

take me out to the ball game

One of the perks of living in the Bay Area is that there will always be a baseball game whether you are an A's fans or a Giants fan. A better perk is when you don't have to pay for tickets to see the game. And an even bigger perk is when you get free tickets to the box suite -- aww yeah!

So on my first day of interning at a city attorney's office somewhere in the Bay Area, I had lunch with the City Attorney himself, and afterwards he gave us interns each two box tickets to the A's game, each intern to go on a different day.

So, I went to Tuesday's night name. And here was the view from the box:


We had the box suite to ourselves for the first five innings, then a few more people came in at the top of the 6th inning. Makes me wonder though - why would you come to a game so late? With other people in the suite, we had to stop talking smack about the A's...

And that's as much of the elephant mascot that I could see.

Anyway, it was pretty awesome sitting in the box suite, especially when it was so windy and cold outside. It was a very close game, but the A's lost 3-2. The A's were leading by 1, but in the 8th inning, one of the A's catcher "lost the ball to the lights" and allowed the Rays - who had bases loaded - to make a grand slam.

I'm still a Giants fan, although I may switch sides just to partake in the A's $2tickets/$1hotdogs Wednesdays. It's all about the $1 hotdogs, especially when The Boy had to pay $3.50 each for the teeny weeny ones we had at the game.

1 comment:

Katie Woods said...

Okay, two very important things:

1) Your "non-paid" internship freakin' rocks! I've not gone to any baseball games yet...

ALSO -

2) The Boy is back??

Please explain via email.

Winky Face Katie