Thursday, February 28, 2008

too hungry for pictures

We tried out a new Mexican restaurant earlier this week. It was an impromptu dinner since we found out at the last minute that two of our classmates were leaving Kansas City the next day. We wanted to take them to a Chinese place, but they were sick of Chinese food, so we went in search of Mexican food.
...
Baja 600 is this great place on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City. They have these lamps on the patio that are always ablaze with fire (tiki latterns, perhaps?), and I had always wondered what kind of restaurant it was. Obviously with the 10 degree weather the other day, no one was sitting on the patio. We all literally ran a block and a half from the parking lot to the restaurant.
I brought my camera along intentionally to take the pictures of the food and do a review. However, I only remembered to take a picture of the appetizers of nachos and salsa. Then I was so distracted with the conversation discussing whether one of our friends was gay or not that I completely forgot about my pictorial intentions when the food came.
...
Obviously, I remembered about taking a picture a little too late. So here's what the Chicken Flautas dinner plate looked like after I was done eating. And it was so delicious, I mostly cleaned the plate!

Others at the table had burritos and a Taco salad. The burritos, in each of their variety, were large for the portion and looked really tasty from where I was sitting. My chicken flautas, topped with the special extra hot sauce, were crunchy and full of flavorfull chicken (perhaps this is because this dinner was my first meal of the day, my tastebuds could have been biased).
...
All in all, I'd eat there again because the prices weren't astronomical for a restaurant on the plaza. And they had happy hours until 7pm. I took part in the Happy Hour Margaritas ($3 for pretty big glass) and could only drink half because it was FULL of tequila and I really had to do homework after dinner. Plus the $2 Happy Hour Chicken Quesadillas were a good bargain too.

No comments: