Wednesday, February 06, 2008

SNOW DAY!!

Falling snow as I was walking home around 12:30am last night. It was a really pretty sight, especially with the silence of the night.
An image without the flash. See how peaceful it looks?
I didn't think it was going to snow enough for school to be canceled. But, to my surprise, I woke up this morning to a 7:30am voicemail from school that said the campus was closed and classes were canceled. I got out of my warm bed and looked outside -- there wasn't that much snow out there.

I again come to the conclusion that the midwesterners out here are wimps when it comes to snow. That, or the state does a really bad job at cleaning the streets, thus forcing people to stay home instead of drive to work/school/etc.
Although I think it was a waste of a snow day, I'm not complaining that loudly. I enjoyed sleeping in till noon on a Wednesday.

No comments: