Thursday, February 28, 2008

bad puppy

This is Beau, the newest, and now permanent, addition to L&G's family (which already consists of two dogs).

...
Why is Beau now a permanent addition? One day, G was walking his other two dogs and found this puppy, Beau, and took him home. G told L that she shouldn't get attached to the puppy because they were only going to keep the puppy until they could find it a home. That was four months ago.
...
When I last visited L&G last week, G said he found someone who really really wanted to adopt Beau. G told L, L was sad. I said they couldn't give Beau away either.
...
The people who wanted Beau called after a few days to ask if they could take him. G said it was up to L's decision. L told the people no, Beau wasn't available anymore. And G was happy too, because he said he wouldn't have been able to let Beau go. So that's how Beau became a permanent puppy in the home of L&G.
...
Next thing I hear, Beau is scheduled to be neutered. Poor dog.
...
Anyway, Beau is not allowed to be on top of the couches, sofas, chairs, dining tables, beds, etc.
He's also not allowed to jump on people or chew on their shoes or socks. Everytime he does something like this, we yell at him. He's just a puppy, and he's still learning.
...
Well, one morning, I noticed it was really quiet in the house, because Beau always wants to play with the other two dogs. So I went looking for Beau. I found him on L&G's bed, where he is not allowed to be.
I approached and asked him what he was doing on the bed. Beau just looked at me. I told him to get off the bed. Beau just looked at me.
I nudged him off the bed and said, "Beau, bad puppy, get off the bed now." But Beau just laid his head down and went back to sleep.

After taking pictures for evidence and laughing about the whole thing, I finally had to pull Beau by the collar to get him off the bed.
...
Then he proceeded to chew on my shoe.

No comments: