Sunday, February 25, 2007

fat free chocolate brownies

As I was shopping at the same place that sold this great Wok Gift Set, I saw these boxes of brownie mix that shouted "FAT FREE" and I thought to myself "WOW, can it really be?"
...
So, I bought four boxes of this No Pudge Fat Free Brownies because they had a variety of flavors (mint chocolate, cappuccino and original) and I couldn't make up my mind. Mint chocolate is my favorite so I doubled up on those.
...
As soon I got home, I made my brother go buy some yogurt (all you need to add is fat free vanilla yogurt!) and together we made a batch of mint chocolate brownies. It was a really thick mixture, but after thirty five minutes in the oven, out came the brownies. My brother gobbled up most of it, but luckily, I was able to sample a slice before my mother started ordering me around in the kitchen but a slice is not enough of a sample. My brother said the brownies tasted just like normal brownies, and since he most of it, it must have been really good. There was no time to bake another batch so I took the remaining four boxes of brownie mix back to Kansas City.
...
Well, wanting to share this new found goodness (and to also sample it again), I took the boxes of brownie mix over to M's house for our girls night in. She chose the cappuccino brownie mix and as we were watching The Pink Panther, we could smell the chocolate wafting through the living room. However, after letting the pan of brownie cool off, it turned out that it wasn't baked all the way through when I tried to cut it. So we stuck in back in the oven for another twenty minutes, and it still wasn't cooked all the way through. The bottom was still a bit fudgy and creamy. We were both craving chocolate so we didn't want to bake it any longer and just sorta let it cool while we scooped it into our mouths. M didn't like the brownies because they were too chewy for her taste. I couldn't get past the fudgy texture. I hate things sticking to my teeth.
...
It seems that Pudge-Free-Brownies-GOOD has a score of 1 and Pudge-Free-Brownies-BAD also has a score of 1.
...
Since I still have two more boxes of this stuff, I will try again and see if the fact that we used a glass baking dish at M's house has something to do with it (I used a metal pan at my mom's house).
...
But isn't the Pudge Free pig just so darn cute?

No comments: