Sunday, February 04, 2007

Barrister's Ball

AKA Law Prom. Or, as an upperclassman told me, Geek Ball. I guess we're all geeks in law school.

Yes, I went to Law Prom. I took a female friend because the Boy laughed at the thought when I invited him a few weeks back. Oh well, his loss. He would have enjoyed the premium open bar, especially when they started serving cocktail drinks in full size plastic cups (the kind you take to picnics and drink soda out of). He might not have enjoyed standing 20 minutes in line waiting for a drink, but he would have enjoyed getting smashed along with all the other law geeks.

Okay, what's the absolute worst thing that can happen when you go to a party? Seeing someone else wear the EXACT SAME DRESS you are wearing. Yep, that happened to me. I bet she didn't pay $25 for the dress, though. I didn't recognize her so she was either an upperclassman or someone's date/wife/girlfriend.

While spending the entire night staying away from my blond haired clone, I did spot out three more dresses that were duplicated (two people wearing the same dress). Then we spent the time trying to decide who looked better in that dress. It was like a real life episode of US Weekly's "Who looks better?"

I'm guessing that Kansas City is a small community that all the women go shop at the same places and end up buying the same dresses. Great. I need to do all my shopping in San Francisco from now on. I knew I should have worn the red velvet dress.

Gotta go, halftime show is on.

1 comment:

Q said...

I want pics!!!

Also, why is law prom in January? Crazy Kansans.