Sunday, February 25, 2007

dum dum

I wish I was talking about the lollipops...

Dumb moment #1: Not realizing that 06:52 PST meant 08:52 central time AND that it's military time for AM and not PM.
Cost of this dum dum moment -- a losing bid on eBay.

Dumb moment #2: Getting overly excited about finding a $150 plane ticket to see The Boy; call The Boy to share good news but disappointed that he didn't answer the phone; was about to buy the tickets before they disappeared into oblivion before realizing that the reason the tickets were so cheap was because it was a roundtrip ticket from OAKLAND to KC and not the other way around. I guess no one wants to visit Kansas City....
Cost of this dum dum moment -- having to settle for $220 tickets, sacrificing the "surprise I'm here on your birthday" moment for The Boy, and spending fewer days away from Kansas City...um... I mean fewer days spent with The Boy.

Dumb moment #3: Not realizing that "The Stinking Rose" refers to a bulb of garlic and not a rose that actually stinks.
Cost of this dum dum moment -- my ego.

I'm thinking the brain needs some sleep now.

No comments: