Wednesday, February 28, 2007

crazy weather day

9:00 a.m. -- it's freaking cold out (okay, it's like 50 degrees, but that's still cold to my standards).

4:00 p.m. -- it's freaking warm out -- I'm guessing it was 75 degrees but the sun was out, I wasn't freezing in my long sleeve t-shirt and there was a nice gentle breeze. Beautiful spring weather. Why can't it be like this all the time?

6:45 p.m. -- it's freaking pouring cats and dogs! About 15 minutes before it started pouring, my tv show was interrupted by the news people saying that there is a "raging thunderstorm happening right now in the heart of Kansas City..." I looked outside and it was clear so I thought the news people were insane. Lo and behold, 15 minutes later, water started pouring from the sky. And there's lightning too. Tornado warning is still going on.

7:23 p.m. (right now) -- no more rain.

If Mother Nature wanted to top it off, she should make it snow in the next hour. That would be some sort of record for one day.

No comments: