Friday, January 12, 2007

snow day

Yesterday, I heard rumors that it was going to ice and snow all weekend, starting at 3am this morning.

I woke up today, I checked my email to see if they canceled classes. As of 7:45am, classes were still in session. So, I got ready and walked over to school for my 9am Contracts class (what a waste of time that was) and then walked back home after class because I had a two hour break and I needed to eat.

It was lightly raining small pellets of ice during my walk home, but I didn't think anything of it. I got home, printed out internship applications, resumes, ate lunch, and then walked back to school for the mandatory OCI meeting at noon. During my walk back to school, however, it was raining a little harder, and the ice pellets were a little larger. And I was beginning to slip a little as I took each step. But, I made it to school.

Guess what happens next? Someone runs through the hallway announcing that classes were canceled for the rest of the day. And the mandatory OCI meeting was canceled too. So, I basically walked back to school for nothing. I guess everyone is afraid of ice around here.

As of right now, it's still raining ice. And it's supposed to rain ice tomorrow. And then sometime this weekend, the ice is supposed to turn into snow. Whoop de doo. I hate the cold.

With classes canceled today, you'd think I would take advantage of the extra time to do school work. Yeah--I've been surfing the web for snowboots for the last three hours. At least I'm productive at doing something. I could be sleeping under my thick, warm blankets right now. That sounds like a good idea...maybe I will take that nap right now.

1 comment:

Q said...

Aw, cancelled classes! No fair!!!