Monday, July 24, 2006

um, so sweet (?)

I got flowers at work today.

At first, I didn't know who it was from, because the card had no name on it. And then I thought maybe the Boy sent it to me, but then he hates sending regular cut flowers because they die so quickly--he'd rather send potted flowers because then if they die, it's my fault ("You killed our love plant"). And it's totally not like the Boy to send me flowers on a random day for no special occasion.

I called the Boy anyway, and asked if he did indeed send me flowers. Yes, he did. He forgot that he didn't put a name on there. I was overwhelmed by his gesture. When I think I've figured him out, he ceases to surprise me.

And then he bought me a slice of chocolate cake. Real chocolate cake made with real sugar and all that fatty goodness.

Flowers and cake....should I be worried here?

No comments: