Sunday, July 23, 2006

Giants 9, Padres 3


Thursday's Giants vs. Padres game was perfect--warm weather, no cold wind, clear skies, great fans and of course the Giants won. It was also one of the greatest games I've ever seen. Not only did the Giants almost went nine innings without giving any homeruns to the Padres, the Giants made three homers in a row--Bonds hit HR #722 and while I was asking the Boy if it was possible for a player to ever "steal home" from third base, it happened as he was trying to explain it to me! I don't remember which Giants player it was, but he ran from third base to home plate just as the player at bat bunted the ball and started running for first base. It was AWESOME! Then I got to see the Lou the Seal do his happy dance.

The Boy, on the other hand, had a miserable time because he was rooting for the Padres. Yeah, he was the lone person booing the Giants and Bonds while everyone around him rooted and cheered for the Giants.

GO GIANTS!

No comments: