Thursday, March 16, 2006

Why the discrimination?

I took the Boy out for his birthday dinner at Plumpjack Cafe last night. Let's just say I was NOT impressed with their service. See below:

When the Boy excused himself to go to the little boy's room, the host quickly came over and refolded the Boy's napkin and set it neatly on the table. Immediately I thought that was good service, to be so attentive like that, and it's necessary at classy restuarants like Plumpjack.

Here's the first snub I got: When I excused myself to the little girl's room, I returned to the table with my napkin still in an unfolded heap where I left it on my seat. Hmph. The Boy laughed as he noticed the host wasn't paying attention to me.

Here's the second snub I got: The Boy had to go to the little boy's room again, and again, the host came over and re-folded the Boy's napkin and set it on the table.

Here's the third snub I got: We had ordered dessert first, probably 15 minutes before the two cronies next to our table ordered their creme brulee. BUT their dessert came out before ours did. And I know the waiter saw my nasty stare when he delivered the cronies' creme brulee, and yet he didn't say anything.

Here's the fourth snub I got: When we were ready to leave, the host actually held out the Boy's coat to help him into it. As I was standing there waiting for the host to help me, he just patted the Boy's back and then walked away from me. I had to put on my own coat. WTF?

So as soon as we were outside, the Boy is cracking up while trying to hail us a cab and I'm saying out loud: "I have a skirt on. I have a low cut shirt on. I was obvious that I am your girlfriend, therefore you are not gay. Why did they ignore me like that? And not only was I the only Asian person in the land of White man in there, I am apparantly am not the correct sex either! Goodness, what does it take to get good service around here? And why bother buttering up to you when you're not paying for dinner because I told them it was your birthday so you'd think they'd be extra nice to me. Do I need a penis to get good service in there? I'm telling Mayor Newsom he needs to have his resturant staff go study at Gary Dankos."

And my food was way too salty.

Hmph.

No comments: