Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sweet yummy chocolaty goodness

Birthdays are fun, especially when it's the Boy's birthday. I've been benefitting all week from everyone taking him out to lunch or dinner. The best part is that the Boy doesn't like to eat sweets, so therefore, all the desserts go to me! Whee!

When we were at Plumpjack's, I had...I mean we had a mini chocolate cake that had fudge and caramal baked inside the center. So when I cut into it, all the chocolately caramel goodness came oozing out with just the right warmth that melts in your mouth. Makes my mouth water just remembering it. The cake was served with a scoop of lavender ice cream, which I didn't like too much. Lavender is nice for lotion, not too good to eat though. As a matter of fact, the lavender ice cream kept reminding me of my bottle of lavender body lotion at home. The Boy ate up all the ice cream, which was good because I devoured that mini chocolate cake as if I would never have another piece of cake ever again.

Then the next day at work, the Boy's co-workers surprised him with a mini chocolate bunt cake. And being the wonderfully sweet and caring boyfriend that he is (and also because he doesn't like sweets), he gave the cake to me. To eat in full. Chocolate cake two days in a row, whoo hoo!

And then we had dinner with the Boy's mother. Home made lasagna and brownies. BROWNIES! A whole tray of brownies just for the Boy (his mother knew that the brownies were made realistically for me and her to gorge upon). Brownies are so good when they come out warm and served with a heaping scoop of mint chocolate chip ice-cream. Yummy yummy goodness.

Now that his birthday week is over, I am having chocolate cravings like there is no tomorrow. And I have this Nazi (the Boy) reminding me that I've done much damage to my healthy diet and therefore need to work off the calories. I'll gladly do another hour at the gym if I can have chocolate cake everyday (I sound like that Hamburger guy from Popeye's). Oh how I long for some warm chocolate cake served with a couple scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I don't know how I'd survive without chocolate.

Well, I guess I can gorge on chocolately goodness again when my birthday arrives in two weeks. And the best part is, I'll be celebrating a friend's wedding in Little Rock the week before my birthday, which means a whole extra week of celebrating when I return to San Francisco afterwards!

hee hee

No comments: