Friday, March 24, 2006

what to do?

If you were on the train and saw a stranger wearing the exact same shirt you were wearing today, what would you do?

Said stranger with the same shirt has not noticed your shirt because your shirt is buried under your down jacket.

Said stranger also had a jean jacket on, so her shirt was only 60% visible.

If you were getting extremely hot because there was no air flowing through the packed train and because you were wearing a down jacket, would you take off the jacket and reveal that you were wearing the exact same shirt as the stranger standing two feet away from you?

At first I didn't want to take off my jacket. How weird would that be to see someone with the exact same shirt as you were wearing? What are the chances of that happening? I mean, I know that people buy the same clothes, but what really are the chances of having two completely random people be on the same train, standing a couple feet apart and be wearing the same exact shirt?

But then I got really hot. Sweat beads were forming on my forehead. Of all days for the train to have it's air conditioning off, it had to be today. I couldn't take the heat anymore, so I took off my jacket, and revealed my shirt to all. Several people around us noticed that we were wearing the same shirt. These people had puzzled looks on their faces and were probably wondering how two strangers ended up wearing the same shirt. The stranger with the same shirt didn't notice until I saw a seat and sat down. She gave me a puzzled look too, and I shrugged. What else are you supposed to say to one another?

"Nice shirt."
"Yeah, I have one just like yours."

No comments: