Saturday, March 11, 2006

Farewell BB

This morning, BB was not moving. She was just floating around in the fish tank. The Boy and I decided it was time for her funeral at the toilet.

I fished her out with a net and proceeded to the toilet. Said a quick goodbye and dropped her into the toilet bowl. And then she LIVES! BB started swimming around lopsided and opening her mouth.

"Fish murderer!" the Boy screamed.

"I thought she was dead! You saw that she didn't move either!" I said.

After staring at the toilet watching this black eyed goldfish try to swim straight, I asked the Boy what to do. The consensus was to leave BB in the toilet and if she was still swimming when we came back from lunch, we'd fish her out of the toilet and put her back in the tank.

Lunch came and went. I took a look in the toilet and BB is not moving. Just to make sure, I poked her with the fish net and her mouth didn't even open and her gills didn't move at all. It was finally time to pull the handle and hope that BB will have happy days in fishy heaven.

And just in case BB was somehow miraculously still alive after a flush down the toilet, I stick to the fact that she will be flushed out to sea, convert to salt water living and continue to thrive. Little Nemo did it, so can BB.

I did not commit fish homicide.

No comments: