Friday, March 10, 2006

Fries & Fluffy

A conversation with the Boy at Burgermeister last night:

BF: You can't have fries.

Me: Why not?

BF: It's the middle of the week. Remember your healthy eating diet? Good food Monday through Friday and then you can cheat on the weekends?

Me: Oh yeah. That diet.

BF: Yep, so you have have any burger you want, but no fries.

Me: Oh all right, you Nazi.

BF: What's that?

Me: Nothing *kiss kiss kiss*

Waiter: What would you like to order?

Me: Avocado burger, well done, no cheese.

Waiter: What kind of side would you like with that? Fries, cole slaw or salad?

Me: [without skipping a beat] FRIES!

Waiter: And you [looking at the Boy], what would you like to order?

[meanwhile, I'm sheepishly smiling at the Boy b/c I think I got away with ordering fries when I'm not supposed to. It also dawns on the Boy that he heard me say "fries."]

BF: Did you just order fries?

Me: Well, he asked? What was I supposed to say? No?

BF: That's correct!

[both of us are now doubling over with laughter because I was so quick.]

Waiter: Um, what's so funny?

BF: I told her she couldn't order fries, and as soon as you asked her, she said "FRIES!" because you "asked".

Waiter: [looking at me] That's slick.

BF: I can't believe that.

Waiter: She's cool. Your order?

BF: I'll just have a regular burger, medium well.

Waiter: And what kind of side would you like with that?

BF: No fries.

Waiter: Cole slaw? Salad? It comes with the meal.

BF: No sides. I'll just share hers.

Waiter: Your order will be right out.

[the Boy and I walk to our table]

BF: I'm taking away one of your cheating meals this weekend. You have to replace one meal with a salad.

Me: Oh gosh.


After dinner, we went to see a comedy show headlining Gabriel Iglesias aka Fluffy. One of his famous jokes:

There's five levels of fatness: big, fat, husky, fluffy and DAMN! I'm level 4, Fluffy, not quite DAMN! And I'm comfortable with being fluffy, even if most say "DAMN!" when they first see me. That's because they don't know my five levels of fatness.

No comments: