Tuesday, September 20, 2005

my "Pal," my belly pooch

The reason I named my blog "Pigs in a Blanket" was because that dish was on my mind when I was creating my blog. I was at IHOP the night before and of course I ordered my favorite, pigs in a blanket. Four juicy sausages each wrapped snugly inside a fluffy pancake, all covered in lots of sweet syrup, all but one made my tummy really really happy (pancakes are really filling so I couldn't stuff the last piggy into my mouth).

Anyways, I really shouldn't eat like that anymore. Ever since I can remember, I always had a little belly pooch (I call it my "Pal" because it makes me happy to have Pal happy). As of late, Pal's been getting bigger, and if I expand it enough, I really look like I could be four months pregnant. And I look pregnant because the rest of me is not big; it's just my Pal. No one really believes I have a belly pooch, but that's because I wear dark clothing, often put my gym bag over my belly, cover my belly with my hands when I can't hide it with a jacket, suck in my gut when I wear tight shirts, and of course I try not to expand my belly for all to see (with the exception of certain individuals, i.e. the bf).

My goal is to get rid of Pal. I've got the small waist and shapely hips. I just also have the belly pooch and if you really want to imagine it, add a big bulge to the bottom of your belly button.

This picture is now my goal. For my belly to be flat so I can wear a two piece bikini when I'm strolling along the beaches of Honolulu at the end of this year. I'm pretty good about the gym, so I really need to cut back on eating fatty foods like pigs in a blanket.

You'd think that once I figured out the solution to the belly pooch problem, it would be simple to get started and just cut out all the fat. Well, let's just say the BLT sandwich for lunch and hot dog during dinner isn't really helping. And that pint of mint chocolate chip Ben & Jerrys keeps taunting me to eat it.

It's going to be a long haul. Good bye comfort food! Good bye!

Quote of the day: My bf and I were at Costco so he could buy a giant bottle of Grey Goose vodka to bring on a trip to see his buddy. At the checkout line, the cashier asked if that was all we were buying. We said yeah and the cashier joked that we should have gotten the giant bottle of Petron too. Then the 40 year old icky man behind me said "With that bottle, she'll end up on the table and it'll be a real party tonight!" EWW EWW EWW EWW EWW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck with PAL!! As your BF, I have seen you eat....one of your meals can feed a family of four...for a week! and if it is Asian food...look out! I have never met a girl who could go to the gym 4 days a week and still be able to eat enough bad food to equal out the hard work @ the gym....good luck..I support you