Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Comfort of Things

For $340, my car lives to drive another day. It also has new break pads and the power steering problem has miraculously disappeared. Sam Truong and his mechanics at Unocal 76 are my favorite! Plus, they're reliable and cheap.

I didn't realize how much I missed my car was until I got it back and was driving it again.

While my car was at the auto shop, I had use of my bf's car. His car is built low to the ground so I always "thumped" when I got into the driver's seat; the driver's seat doesn't move so I have to use a pillow to help prop me forward; it jerks forward whenever I step on the gas; it smells different (no, not stinky smelly, just smells like a man's car and not a woman's car). Let's just say I had to adjust.

As soon as I got back into my car, it just felt right. The familiar seat at a height where I didn't have to sit down to a "thump"; rear view mirrors all in the same place; no jerking movements with the gas pedal; and it smells like my car.

Boyfriend quote of the day: "Hello over there! Just calling to say hi to my sweetie. I didn't call to say goodnight last night because I forgot to charge my phone up, but it's currently charging now. We're about ready to go out and I'm leaving my phone here so it can charge up, so I won't be able to answer if you call while I'm out. Isn't that convienient? hee hee!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"it smells different (no, not stinky smelly, just smells like a man's car and not a woman's car). Let's just say I had to adjust."

Wow....this coming from a girl who drives a 1980's Volvo! I guess she missed the smell of Ronald Regan and Vanilla Ice.