Saturday, September 24, 2005

Finished!!

My fingers are all cramped and I can barely keep my eyes open but I'm finally done with two of my knitting projects. Complete! Finito! Since they were made to given away as gifts, I had to take a picture of it to keep as proof that I can make a scarf or two. And they will forever be here on blogger.com for all to see:


This is Mr. Moo. He's modeling my latest creation, a mint green angora scarf. It's super super soft against the skin and it was really really tough to knit. Well, it was tough for me. My fingers are still cramped up as I'm typing it up. I was trying to follow the "mock-cable rib" pattern, but after reading over the directions, I just realized I skipped a step, so I guess I just created a pattern (hee hee). I'll name this "Q's mock-cable rib" and below is a close up:


If you want to attempt the real "mock-cable rib" pattern, the directions are below:

Row 1: *P1, k the second st on the left needle, leave this st on the needle and k the first st on the left needle; drop both sts off needle; rep from * to last st, p1.
Row 2: *K1, p2; rep from * to last st, k1.
Row 3: Repeat Row 1.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2.
Directions: With one strand of each yarn held tog, CO 22 sts. Work in mock-cable rib pattern until piece measures 54" from beg. BO and weave in ends.

If you want to attempt the mistake that I made, aka "Q's mock-cable rib", then just follow these Row 2 directions: *K1, p the second st on the left needle, leave this st on the needle and p the first st on the left needle; drop both sts off needle; rep from * to last st, k1. I used two balls of yarn here.


My second model is Miss Daisy and she's wearing a red & black scarf made from Fun-Fur "eyelash" yarn. This pattern is super SIMPLE because it's just a garter stitch all the way through (CO 22 sts for this width). I used one ball of yarn for each color to make this scarf.

Now that I'm finished, I'm gonna go feed my empty stomach and do some finger stretches. This also means no more crafty projects until the LSAT is over with. Blegh!

No comments: